Portrait of Hacham Shimon Agassi

Portrait of Hacham Shimon Agassi
Portrait of Hacham Agassi painted by Mrs Ruth Gila, Beit Meir , Israel

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Song of Songs
שיר השירים
6.3

I am still my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine
אֲנִי לְדוֹדִי וְדוֹדִי לִי




3.' [Now I know that] I am still my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine; He grazes among the roses- אֲנִי לְדוֹדִי וְדוֹדִי לִי, הָרֹעֶה בַּשּׁוֹשַׁנִּים (1173+6 words=18).

I am still my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine
אֲנִי לְדוֹדִי וְדוֹדִי לִי
185+4 words=189=18

He grazes among the roses
הָרֹעֶה בַּשּׁוֹשַׁנִּים
988+2 words=990=18
1548=18 (Mem 600)


The first letters of the first four words of the verse spell the word “Ellul”- אלול. In the Month of Ellul we return to Hashem in Repentance before the High Holy days of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

The final letters of these 4 words are 4 letters “Yud”-יייי .


Ani L’Dodi V’Dodi Li

אֲנִי לְדוֹדִי וְדוֹדִי לִי

185+4 words=18



The gematria of the word “Ellul”- אלול is 67, the same gematria of the word “Bina”- בִינה, "Understanding". The gematria of the four letters "Yud"- יייי is 40


67+40=107=8



Thus our Sages teach us that at the age of 40 one obtains "Understanding"- בִינה (Avot 5.21):


Forty to Understanding
בֶּן אַרְבָּעִים לַבִּינָה
1682=17=8

The remaining middle letters of these words are:

·         Nun- נ                                 = 50        = 8
·         David-David דָּוִד- דָּוִד    = 28=10 =  1

The number 50 corresponds to the 50 Gates of Understanding,

50th Gate
שער נ'
620=8

Crown
כֶּתֶר
620

The number 28 is the gematria of the word Koach"- כֹּחַ   which means "power"!

Power of Keter
כֹּחַ כֶּתֶר
648=18



From all the above we now "understand" the tremendous "power" of this verse  written by King Solomon who wore the Crown of Wisdom and Understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment