Eight Books of Torah
שמנה חמשי תורה
As I write several times in my commentary (Parshat Beraishit/ Parshat B'ha'alotcha) there are in fact EIGHT books of Torah and not five, and the Book of D’varim is the eighth book. This is why the word “Torah”- תורהhas a gematria of 611 (8) which correspond to 8 books, and this is why the final book is also called “Mishne”- משנה as it shares the same letters and gematria as the word “eight”-שמנה (395=17=8 or + 1 word=18).
It is universally recognized that the Torah is split into 5 Books. In my opinion these 5 books are actually 8. This is proved by the following gematria:
Five Books of Torah-Chamishah Chumshei Torah
חמשה חמשי תורה
· Five- חמשה =353 =8 (from either side of the middle 5)
· Books of- חמשי =358 +1 word=17=8
· Torah- תורה =611 =8
These words can be rearranged to spell:
When the Mashiach explains the inner Torah to the world there will be much joy.
Rebbi (Judah HaNassi) writes in the Talmud that the section of Torah between the two inverted Nuns […….. [ in Parshat B'ha'alotcha in the Book of B’Midbar (Numbers) can be set aside as a Book of the Torah in its own rite. Further the Talmud states that due to this ruling of Rebbi the Book of B’Midbar can be counted as three separate books thus making Seven Books of the Torah and not five.
The “Eighth Book” in my opinion is the account of Creation at the beginning of the Book of Beraishit-"Ma’aseh Beraishit"- מעשה בראשית. Support of my opinion can be found in the writings of the Gaon M’Vilna who states that the account of Creation is a Book of Torah in its own rite.
The fact that the two Nuns are used as “markers” to divide the Book of B’Midbar into three Books also is a hint that there is an Eighth Book as the letter "Nun" corresponds to the 50th Gate of Understanding which is the Eighth Sphira. They are inverted to teach us to look back to the very beginning of the Torah to find the Eighth Book (which is the first)!
Eight Books of Torah-Shmoneh Chumshei Torah
שמנה חמשי תורה
It is my opinion that there are several possible ways to divide the Torah into Books and each way corresponds to one of the four levels of Torah Exegisis known as “Pardes”- פרדס:
· Pshat-Simple- פשט = 5 Books;
· Remez-Hinted- רמז = 6 Books-This is what the Gaon M’Vilna alludes to by counting the account of Creation as a separate "Book";
· Drash-Expounded- דרש = 7 Books-This is what Rebbe alludes to by dividing the Book of B’Midbar into three Books;
· Sod-Secret סוד = 8 Books-A combination of the opinions of Rebbe and Gr”a.
The number 26 is the gematria of the Name-Hashem-יהוה.
Moreover it is only logical to conclude that there are actually Eight Books of Torah as the gematria of the word “Torah”- תורהitself is 611=8.
· Book 1-The Account of Creation-"Ma’aseh Beraishit"-מעשה בראשית.This is from the First verse of the first Chapter of the Book of Beraishit (Genesis) until verse 3 of Chapter 2 of the Book. The first three verses of Chapter two have 144 letters (קֶדֶם- Kedem) which is a clue that the Torah is written in the Code of 1 and 8. . This section of the Torah is read as one piece on Shmini Atzeret (Simchat Torah) when we restart reading the Torah from the beginning.
· Book 2- The remainder of the Book of Beraishit (Genesis) -בראשית.
· Book 3-The Book of Shmot (Exodus) - שמות.
· Book 4-The Book of Vayikra (Leviticus)-ויקרא.
· Book 5-The Book of B’Midbar- במדבר (Numbers)- from Chapter 1 to Chapter 10 verse 34.
· Book 6-The Book of the Inverted Nuns-verses 35 and 36 of the Book of B’Midbar-במדבר.
· Book 7-The remainder of the Book of B’Midbar (Numbers)-במדבר. As we shall see this is truly the Book of the Wilderness where all the troubles befall the Children of Israel and they are to wander in the Wilderness of Sinai for a further 38 and a half years until they reach the point of entering the Land of Israel with Joshua.
· Book 8-The Book of D'varim (Deuteronomy)-דברים. This Book is also called “Mishne Torah”-משנה תורה (second/retold Torah) as Moses here relates to the Children of Israel a “summary” of the Commandments, the history of the Children of Israel, what Hashem requires of them when they enter the Land and what will transpire at the End of Days.
The gematria of the words “Mishne Torah”- משנה תורה is 1006+2 words =1+8.
On Shmini Atzeret-Simchat Torah we finish reading the Book of D’varim and restart immediately reading the Book of Beraishit. The final passage of the Book of D’Varim interestingly starts (Ch.33 verse 27) with the words:
An abode of the G-d of Kedem
מְעֹנָה אֱלֹהֵי קֶדֶם
915+3 words=918=18 (Mem 600)
Thus “The End” and “The Beginning” are one in Kedem- קֶדֶם (144) which is a mirror image of Truth –Emet (441). The end of the Eighth book and the beginning of the First Book are one on Simchat Torah-The Rejoicing of the Torah. Hashem thought of the "End” at the “Beginning”. The purpose of “The Beginning” is “The End” which will usher in a new beginning for the Jewish People at the End of Days.
The joint gematria of the First and Eighth Book (according to my opinion) is:
מעשה בראשית- דברים
Thus the "Eight Books of the Torah" are divided 1-6-1= 611 = Torah- תורה= 8.
The number 161 is the gematria of the word “The Universe”-היקום which is contained in the Torah as the Torah is the blueprint of the Universe.