The Birth of Isaac
Beraishit 21.3- בראשית
3.’And Abraham named the name of his son that was born to him, whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac- וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם אֶת שֶׁם בְּנוֹ הַנּוֹלַד לוֹ אֲשֶׁר יָלְדָה לּוֹ שָׂרָה יִצְחָק (3914=17=8).
The verse according to its gematria is quite remarkable. Aside from the total gematria of the verse as shown above the verse can be split into seven other ways which all decode in the Code of 1 and 8:
· And Abraham named- וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם (565+2 words=18);
· The name of his son- אֶת שֶׁם בְּנוֹ is 799+3 words=802=10=1 or 1359=18 counting final Mem as 600);
· And Abraham named the name of his son- וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם אֶת שֶׁם בְּנוֹ (1364=14=8 or 2484=18 counting final Mems as 600);
· The name of his son that was born to him- שֶׁם בְּנוֹ הַנּוֹלַד לוֹ(1089=18 counting final Mem as 600);
· And Abraham named the name of his son that was born to him-וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם אֶת שֶׁם בְּנוֹ הַנּוֹלַד לוֹ (1495=19=10=1 or +7 words=1502=8).
· Whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac- אֲשֶׁר יָלְדָה לּוֹ שָׂרָה יִצְחָק (1299+5 words=1304=8);
· And Abraham named the name of his son that was born to him, whom Sarah bore to him- וַיִּקְרָא אַבְרָהָם אֶת שֶׁם בְּנוֹ הַנּוֹלַד לוֹ אֲשֶׁר יָלְדָה לּוֹ שָׂרָה (3706+11 words=3717=18).
Finally the gematria of the word “Isaac”- יִצְחָק is 208=10=1.
In Parshat Lech-Lecha (Beraishit 17.19) when Hashem informed Abraham that he would have a son who would be called Isaac I wrote:
19.’ And G-d said- וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים(903+2 words=14=8 counting final Mem as 600), ‘But (indeed-Rashi) Sarah your wife shall bear you a son; and you shall call his name Isaac, and I will establish My Covenant with him for an everlasting Covenant for his offspring after him- אֲבָל שָׂרָה אִשְׁתְּךָ יֹלֶדֶת לְךָ בֵּן וְקָרָאתָ אֶת שְׁמוֹ יִצְחָק וַהֲקִמֹתִי אֶת בְּרִיתִי אִתּוֹ לִבְרִית עוֹלָם לְזַרְעוֹ אַחֲרָיו(8954=26=8 counting final Nun, Mem and Kaf as 700, 600 and 500).
Rashi comments here that he was to be called Isaac-יִצְחָקbecause of the laughter. According to Midrash (Beraishit Rabbah 53.7) the name Isaac was chosen after:
· Ten trials of Abraham-Yud- י =10= 1
· Sarah being 90-Zadik -צ =90 =1+8
· Eight days of circumcision- ח =8= 8
· Abraham being 100 - ק =100 = 1
“Half”- חצי of the last letter- “Kuf”- ק (100) is 50.
The number 50 corresponds to the Sphira of Bina-בינה and the “50 Gates of Understanding” and also corresponds to the number 8.
Thus the name “Isaac”- יִצְחָק corresponds to “half”- חצי of 100- ק whichis 50=8.
"Isaac" = 8 from the Eighth SphiraMoreover the gematria of the name Isaac- יִצְחָק (208) is eight times the number 26 (8) which is the gematria of the name of Hashem -י-ה-ו-ה.
Thus he was circumcised on the 8th Day